A Call to Courage
Overcoming Fear and Becoming Strong in Faith
By James W. Goll
About 'A Call to Courage'
Women throughout history have changed the world by their sacrifices, passion, and fire. A Call to Courage tells the inspiring stories of nine such women:
- Joan of Arc, teenage peasant who led France’s army against England
- Vibia Perpetua, a martyr for her faith in the early church
- Sojourner Truth, a leader in the anti-slavery movement
- Harriet Tubman, a dedicated pioneer of the Underground Railroad during the Civil War
- Aimee Semple McPherson, healing evangelist at the turn of the twentieth century
- Lydia Prince, forerunner in caring for orphans and the purposes of God among the Jewish people
- Bertha Smith, Baptist missionary and revival leader in China
- Corrie ten Boom, Holocaust survivor who suffered for the cause of Christ and the Jewish people
- Jackie Pullinger, British evangelist and missionary in Hong Kong
These women overcame intimidation through the empowering work of the Holy Spirit and were pioneers of truth, freedom, healing, and courage in their generation. Heed the call to courage and step up to the front lines of faith, hope, and love!
Carton Quantity: 68